Last course for 2019 - 10th December (Tuesday)!
Reporting Abuse & Neglect
In South Australia a wide range of people are required by law to notify the Department for Families and Communities, Families SA of suspected cases of child abuse and/or neglect . These people are referred to as mandated notifiers.
The obligation to report is outlined in the Children’s Protection Act, 1993.
People wishing to work in a school or children’s services centre must undertake a specific child protection training course in order to gain employment.
A Child Safe community ensures care for all children, can identify vulnerable children, can support children who have been abused and neglected, and can prevent further harm to children.
The initial course involves a full day (7hr) program, followed by a refresher course (3hr) which is to be undertaken each year.
- Understand child abuse—values, attitudes and experiences
- Child abuse and neglect– child’s perspectives
- Indicators identification—child abuse and/or neglect
- Child Safe Environment—concept
- Responsibilities – protection of children
- Child Abuse Report Line—process and procedures
- Legal and Ethical Responsibilities—mandated notifiers
Full day course: $77 including GST (9:15am – 5:00pm)
Half day refresher course: $44 including GST (9:15am – 1:15pm)
Please Note: No Half day refresher courses have been scheduled at this time, please enquire if you need this and we can arrange dates accordingly.
Upon successful completion participants are awarded a Certificate of Attendance recognised by the Department for Families and Communities.