The TAEASS502 course covers the designing and developing of assessment tools, following the Rules of evidence so that the assessments meet the Rules of Evidence. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to design and to develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative and recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment. It applies to experienced trainers and assessors who are developing and/or delivering training and assessment products and services.
Topics covered in this course are:
- Determine the focus and purpose of assessment tools
- Tips on designing assessment tools and instruments
- Practice developing assessment tools and instruments
- Review, trial and report on assessment tools
- Contextualisation of assessment tools
- Using the rules of evidence and technical principles of assessment
- Principles of reasonable adjustment
Prior to the workshop
Each enrolled student will receive a student guide and an assessment workbook by email one week prior to the workshop date.
This allows students to start planning to design and develop assessment tools, trial and review and reporting.
The 4 hour workshop
This will involve a short presentation and support to the continuation of completing the assessment workbook along with knowledge questions. Please ensure you bring a laptop with you.
We can also use this time to trial and review assessment tools if not done so already.
The assessments you will need to complete are:
3 x Assessment tools using 3 different assessment methods and address at least one unit of competency each.
The assessment tools must include:
- Instruments to collect evidence i.e. observation checklists / instructions / verbal questioning instrument / marking guide / assessment mapping / portfolio assessment reflection journal
- Relate to the Principles of assessment and rules of evidence
- Have clear instructions to the assessor
- Have clear instructions to the student
- Demonstrate how and where you have contextualised
- Trial and review EACH assessment tool
At the end of the trial and review process, you must provide a report for each assessment tool including proposed changes.
Knowledge questions will also be included and must be completed.
Price and Times
The cost of the workshop is $250
If you wish to do this unit of competency via RPL the cost will be $250
(Samad Abdus + Colleagues – SMTafe Thornlie)
(for CentaCare WA)
Our online payment system is currently set up only for face-to-face delivery. If you would like to RPL this unit of competency, please fill out the form below and one of our lovely trainers will be in contact with you soon.