This qualification reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services usually within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector. They may have a role in leading other trainers and assessors and in providing mentoring or advice to new trainers or assessors as well as designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies across a significant area within the RTO.
It is often undertaken by those who already hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE40116).
This qualification is delivered in a clustered approach that reflects the core skills developed:
Cluster 1: Design Cluster
Cluster 2: Delivery Cluster
Cluster 3: Assessment Cluster
Who is this for?
Any organisation that requires leaders in training and assessment who will be able to develop and deliver best-practice training should ensure key team members and stakeholders hold the qualification. This may include:
- Experienced trainers and/or assessors
- Senior HR personnel
- Team Leaders
- Senior personnel
- Professional development experts
- Advanced facilitation techniques and practices
- Model high standards of performance
- Determine personal and organisational development needs
- Select and implement opportunities to support continuous learning and maintain currency of professional practice
- Maintain and enhance professional practice
- Design and development of assessment tools