This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) programs in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
This course provides participants with the opportunity to grow their practical knowledge and skills in the development, implementation and management of WHS programs/systems. Designed by industry professionals, this course, covering a range of distinct WHS competencies such as managing WHS risks, investigating WHS incidents, managing effective WHS consultation and participation processes, managing WHS information systems, and conducting a WHS audit gives a very good understanding of the WHS world.
It is ideal for someone who coordinates, manages, and maintains the WHS program in the workplace. This Diploma also benefits those who are owners, directors or officers of companies who want a greater understanding of how to comply with WHS laws and understand how to create and maintain an effective WHS program for their organisation.
Note: You may be eligible for WorkReady funding if you live in South Australia. Entry is subject to availability and eligibility criteria. For more information, see: www.skills.sa.gov.au
- Provide leadership and guidance on safety management issues in a variety of work environments
- Apply workplace health and safety laws, regulations and processes in the workplace
- Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
- Communicate effectively on WHS matters with a range of stakeholders
- Contribute effectively to the management of WHS risks in the workplace
- Investigate and report on incidents
- Communicate with colleagues and other stakeholders on workplace WHS goals and objectives
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the organisation’s WHS program
- Analyse situations and apply workable and complaint solutions to a range of unpredictable problems