The Advanced Diploma of WHS is designed to suit those in a specific Work Health and Safety (OHS / WHS) role at a senior level. The course reflects the role of individuals who analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual or managerial competencies.
Their knowledge base may be specialised or broad, and they are often accountable for group outcomes. The nationally recognised Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification is designed for those who are responsible for ensuring the ongoing compliance of a WHS management system and auditing against these requirements, including the WHS Act and AS/NZS 4801.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to develop and implement WHS management systems, evaluate WHS performance, conduct audits, investigate incidents, analyse data, and develop crisis management processes. When you complete this course, you can expect to be a valued addition to any organisation.
- Direct the compliance of a WHS management system and auditing against these requirements
- Develop and implement WHS management systems
- Evaluate WHS performance of teams and organisations
- Design and conduct WHS audits against relevant Acts and standards
- Investigate incidents, present reports with relevant WHS improvements and solutions
- Analyse WHS data and develop a WHS culture in the workplace
- Develop crisis management processes relevant to the industry and workplace