The Diploma of Project Management represents a significant ‘step up’ from the Certificate IV level Management qualification. The skills provided are essential to those will be leading and managing projects and teams.
There is also more emphasis on team management, team skills, stakeholder engagement, resource management and project governance that is not covered at the cert IV level.
You should consider undertaking this qualification if:
- You work in a team on a complex project
- You are leading or managing a scope of work
- You are leading or managing a project
- You are involved with implementing new systems
- You are a team leader
- Your role or organisation requires you to deliver on time, on budget and to specification.
- You are involved in projects as a project leader, project manager, project contract manager, project vendor manager, or project team leader.
- Conduct project authorisation activities
- Lead project scope definition
- Manage project scope control processes
- Lead the development and implementation of project schedules
- Determine and implement quality requirements, processes and improvements
- Determine, monitor and control project costs
- Lead a project team
- Plan human resources for a project
- Implement project personnel training and development for your project
- Plan, implement and improve project information and communication processes
- Identify, analyse, assess, monitor and control risks to projects
- Break down and document your project methodology