People decide to start new businesses for a variety of reasons. Some want an additional revenue stream or financial freedom, others want more time and want to be their own boss, some want to follow their passion, while others simply want to change the world with a great idea.
Whatever your reason for starting a new business, you owe it to yourself to have the skills to give your new business the best shot at success. The skills and mindset you need when launching a startup can be quite different from those you would get in a ‘regular’ business course. That’s why we put together a diploma program specifically for entrepreneurs and startups.
This course is suited to those who have been considering starting or have already started a new business and need some extra skills or knowledge. This course is also suited for organisations that have decided to grow or start a new business unit or venture and want to ensure it gets the best chance of success.
This qualification is suited for:
- Those starting a new business
- Business unit leaders
- Small business owners
- Use statistics and real data to define, analyse and focus on your market – along with the potential revenues for your startup
- How to manage your new ventures ideas and assets (intellectual property) and the commercialisation of that IP to ensure business growth
- How to identify and manage risks associated with your new venture
- Evaluate e-business models, strategies and opportunities for your startup
- Put together your style guide (for pitches, quotations, presentations and more) with style elements specific to your startup
- Manage the recruitment, selection, induction and payroll of your new staff (or volunteers) to ensure you meet all employer obligations in Australia