This qualification is suitable for people working in a Work Health and Safety (WHS) role who work to provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification reflects the role of workers who apply a broad knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of contexts and may include coordinators, advisors and facilitators.
This qualification is designed by industry and built specifically to give specialised skills and knowledge in areas including assisting with responding to incidents, contribution to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation, and participation processes and assist with compliance with WHS laws.
This mid-level qualification will give specialised skills to seek work as a safety inspector, WHS practitioner, human resources assistant, and WHS coordinator/ officer/ supervisor.
Note: You may be eligible for WorkReady funding if you live in South Australia. Entry is subject to availability and eligibility criteria. For more information, see: www.skills.sa.gov.au
- Identify workplace health and safety hazards, assess and control risks
- Ensure compliance with current legislation and consult on WHS issues
- Implement and support the WHS management system
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel for dealing with WHS issues
- Assist with implementation and delivery of WHS legislative requirements
- Assist with monitoring workplace compliance
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes
- Improving the safety and wellbeing of people in any size or type of workplace