On July 2017, the Hon. Karen Andrews MP, Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills released an update to the Training and Education (TAE) Training Package.
Skills Ministers agreed that trainers and assessors who currently hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, have until 1 April 2019 to attain the following two units:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills; and
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
These two units are already included in the new TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and will keep a trainer current until April 2019.
How does this affect me?
If you are a trainer and hold the TAE40110, you will need to make sure you also hold the following:
TAELLN411 (or TAELLN401A); and
TAEASS502 (or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B).
If you do not currently hold these units you will need to complete them before 1 April 2019 to meet the new requirements.
What can AITT do?
AiTT is currently holding ½ day sessions to deliver the TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 in Perth and Adelaide.
The cost is $250 per unit which includes:
- Group face to face training at our Perth premises
- All learning materials necessary to complete the units
- All assessments and issue of a printed statement of attainment
- Tea, coffee, beverages and snacks
Check out our Courses page for more information.
Private sessions can also be held to suit your organisation (min 10 participants).
Please fill out the form on our Enquiries page to start that process.